Well I did it...I signed with Kimberly Elliot for personal training. You may recall from my first 'Gym' post that she was the one who got me in shape to begin with. I got back in touch with her, had a training session with her, and signed up.
I was so scared when I went to see her. I was embarrased at how much I regressed. But the first thing she did was gave me a big hug and asked me how I was. There was absolutely NO judgement.
What she DID tell me was that when you're on the road of fitness, your journey never ends. You don't all of a sudden wake up and scream "I did it!" It is a continuous journey of better yourself, and I just hit a bump. I can't however start back up where I left off. My body physically isn't there. But it is NOT a setback. Just a fork in the road that's setting me on a different path.
It's so nice hearing it from your trainer.
SOOOOO... Here's the plan....
I'm going to train with her twice a week
I'll get gym 'Homework'
I'll get a meal plan
So for now I'm supposed to eat normal. She even told me to have a cheat here and there. She wants a blank canvas, and that's what I'll be. BUT because last week I did my protein detox, I'm right on track for eating clean, which is what I've done. Even though there's a cupcake shop in town that won Cupcake Wars.
So I've added back in the carbs. Complex carbs are the good carbs.
Complex Carbohydrates (That I personally eat, you may find more.)
- Brown rice
- Sprouted grain bread like Ezekial (Found at Whole Foods, Sprouts, Trader Joes...etc) I like the English Muffins the best. You can also find tortillas. The bread is best toasted
- Sweet Potatoes
- Oatmeal (NOT the instant pre-packaged kind) I buy bulk.
According to my body weight, hell no I'm not posting that...yet, I'm to eat 5 meals a day. In each of those meals, I'm supposed to eat:
35 grams OR 5 oz prepared Proteins
30 grams OR 1 cup prepared Carbs
This is the diet I've done before, so I already know what meals I like. I'll post some recipes later.
As far as the training session goes....
It was just as I expected. I was able to do things I thought I couldn't, and not do things that I thought I could. We worked on my legs and core.
- Warm up on the elliptical, then circuts of...
- Jump Squats
- Step ups on a step with at least 7 risers each side
- TRX One-legged squats
- 40 degree leg press
- Crunches on a ball, regular and oblique twists
- Weighted lunges, forward then cross over the back leg.
- I also had to do a core excercise where I had to take a large pole, bolted into the floor, which weighed about 20lbs, with another 10lb weight on top of that, do a squat and then push up the weighted pole with one hand. It sounds wierd, I can't explain it, and I don't know what it's called. Anyway, it sucked. I kept loosing my balance which means my core is off. Sigh.
It doesn't sound like much, but I'm doing three sets, each with 10-12 reps in each set, each side.
I see Kimberly again tomorrow! Can't wait!