Monday, May 9, 2011

Nutty Over Coconut


For me, one of the first signs of warmer weather is when I start seeing coconut everywhere.  In lotions, perfumes, and food.  It brings back memories going to the beach and slopping Panama Jack Coconut Oil on.  It didn't do much for sun prevention, but it sure smelled good!

As soon as pool weather hits, I look for everything coconut. 
One of my favorite discoveries this year is:


Desert Essence Organics Coconut Hand and Body Lotion
A little REALLY goes a looooong way!


As far as eating coconut, I don’t like the texture much, but lately I’m seeing a lot of different varieties in health food stores.  For instance in Whole Foods the other day, I saw coconut flour and coconut pudding.


Coconut Flour is a delicious, healthy alternative to wheat and other grain flours. It is very high in fiber, low in digestible carbohydrates, a good source of protein and gluten free. It lends baked goods an incomparably rich texture and a unique, natural flavor. I personally have not tried it, but I'm thinking I may try.

I have been cooking with coconut oil for some time now.

"The health benefits of coconut oil include hair care, skin care, stress relief, maintaining cholesterol levels, weight loss, increased immunity, proper digestion and metabolism, relief from kidney problems, heart diseases, high blood pressure, diabetes, HIV and cancer, dental care, and bone strength. These benefits of coconut oil can be attributed to the presence of lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid, and its properties such as antimicrobial, antioxidant, antifungal, antibacterial, soothing, etc." (source)


One of my favorite finds this year is Archer Farms Coconut Macaroon coffee from Target.


Now, some of you may already know what's coming next, but this is not on my No-Fun Diet, but I may partake in a drop in my wonderful coffee!


What are some of your favorite signs of Summer?



8 comments:

  1. Hi! Found your blog through a blog hop! Am now following! Interesting post! Would love for you to check out my blog and follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the smell of coconut too! I started cooking with coconut oil last year. I love the subtle, but fabulous flavor. It's an extra bonus that it's good for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Following you from F.M.B.T!
    Hope you visit me and return the
    follow!:0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from your newest follower via the Tuesday Blog Hop! Looking forward to reading more of your posts!

    I am an artist and dog-lover, too!!

    Have a great week!
    Mary C. Nasser
    http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love coconuts. They are so healthy. Did you know a coconut has everything you need to replenish your electrolytes.

    New follower from the blog hop... also following on Twitter as CandidaJourney and I voted for you on the fence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Hello I am following you via TTT blog hop. Please follow me.

    http://itsabouttimemamaw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm, I love coconut. And we have some coconut rum and pineapple juice in the house, yummy!

    I'm stopping by from Totally Tuesday Blog Hop. I am a new follower. I hope you'll come check me out and follow me too!

    Sarah
    PS Mom Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, gosh, yes.
    Coconut anything.
    Nice post!
    stacey
    http://wearnailpolish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your comments! I love reading all of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...