Monday, June 11, 2012

10 in 10 - Day 7


These are Kettlebells

Height 5' 8"
Weight 150.4
Total Loss - Same as yesterday 3.6lbs.


No weight lost...well shit.

OK, so I'll admit that although I've been copying the diet down to the last almond EXACTLY how it's written in the book, I'm NOT doing the exercises exactly.  I do the same weightlifting exercises, but I use more weight with different equipment.  I also have been alternating my cardio between jumping jacks and kettlebell swings.  Other than that, I have NOT cheated or missed a DAY with exercise.  Is jumping rope REALLY so MUCH better than what I'm doing for cardio?  I don't own a jump rope, which really isn't the problem, it's my ankle.  I can never jump a rope without slapping it into my ankles, which are EXTRA sensitive right now.  NOT to mention it hurts when I jump anyway.  I think everyone would agree that I shouldn't do something if it hurts my ankle.  But it's still frustrating when I'm doing everything else, and it's day 7 and I haven't even lost 5 pounds.

...sigh...

My dinner's are tasting OK again.  I think I just needed to get over the monotony 'hump'.  My stomach is visibly smaller and feels tighter, and my thighs look smaller (which is the real test...right?)

My temptation today was popcorn and goobers at Madagascar 3.  Someone who's addicted to chocolate, I swear the goober smell way overpowered the popcorn.  I mentioned it to hubby and he said not to worry because all the goobers were gone.  So that only means my addiction has gone into overdrive smelling empty goober boxes...two seats away.  Again, I brought my allowed snack and some water and was satisfied.


I'm beginning to compare this diet to quitting smoking.  I smoked for 16 years and quit 4 years ago.  Every day after the day I quit was just an added prize.  From that first week, to a few months, to years after, if I was around someone who was smoking I never wanted to take a drag because I would have to start all over again at day one.

I can't believe I used to smoke old butts when I ran out...


That's how I'm starting to feel.  It's been one full week without sugar, salt or (real) bread.  I'm starting to see great results with how my body feels, so I don't want to screw that up and have to start all over.

I think I may even continue the diet for a couple of more days just to see the numbers on the scale say 144.

Thanks for leaving comments!  I love to read them!
Marcy

3 comments:

  1. You did really well. Don't jump if it hurts. Have poopcorn without "butter". It's a good gut fill. If you can reallu cut down on salt and sugar that's great. Hard with a kid around. You look really good Marci!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, but popcorn is not on the lose 10 in 10 diet plan. Air popped popcorn is really the best...it's a whole grain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. non-alcoholic fatty liver disease symptoms non-alcoholic fatty liver disease symptoms non-alcoholic fatty liver disease symptoms

    My web site ... relief from fatty liver pain

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your comments! I love reading all of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...